Often, people ask themselves.
“What are my benefits to gaining energy independence?”
Well there are many.
The most important of which is energy independence.
You no longer have to be a slave to the big energy companies and it feels great. Particularly in the northern parts of the country like Cairns, Townsville and Mackay where you have no choice in energy suppliers!
- Costs less than conventional power. As little as 7 cents a kw over the life of the system, including your purchase cost. Its already 28 cents in QLD! and rising.
- No need for feed in tariffs you keep your energy!
- Has emergency power supply. Particularly useful in Tropical north Queensland during cyclones.
- Is reliable and the price of power never goes up, unlike traditional polluting methods.
Ask us today just how great the return on investment is on a 24 hour solar system.
Above – LG 10kw Lithium Battery
Compared to traditional Grid-tied Solar System
- Save money on your power bills by increasing the proportion of self-use electricity generated by your solar system from 30% to more than 70%.
- Save money by becoming independent from ever increasing energy prices.
- Protect your family and business from power outages.
- Reduce stress on the grid by reducing your solar power feed.
Above – Solax Box complete battery unit with LG batteries.?
Solar energy storage is the future, which means traditional power generators will face more and more issues with less people wanting to be using dirty polluting forms of energy like coal.
As they have less customers their network costs remain the same which we believe, will drive up prices for traditional energy. Now is the time to act and gain energy independence at a great price.
A normal solar system produces power for your home during the day. If you make more than you need, it sends it out to the grid.
The power companies then sell it to your neighbors at an increased price.
They generally pay a nominal fee for this power by taking it from your electricity bill. This is called a Feed in Tariff.
This is always a lot less than what they charge you to buy it back from them at night.
With solar and batteries however, the power your solar system makes during the day does three things.
- Powers your house and anything you use during the day.
- Puts the extra power you make into a battery, so you can use it at night.
- Once the batteries are full then puts any extra into the grid.
So you should you get solar and Storage?
It depends on a number of factors.
Ask your self
Do you value the following?
- Energy independence
- Black out protection.
- Protecting yourself from future power price rises.
- Do you use more power at night than during the day?
- And, are you prepared to pay a bit more than a standard solar system, but with more long term benefits and energy security?
If the answer is yes, then a solar battery system might be the right way to go for you.
YOU NEED TO BE AWARE
Solar without batteries provides a much better short term return on investment. The numbers are very clear about this.
Right now anyway.
If your not getting solar with batteries for the above reasons. Then don’t do it.
- It’s a much slower return.
- Its a lot more complex meaning it’s more likely to have service issues.
- It’s really great if your doing it for the right reasons.
Solar with batteries is a long term investment that will bring energy security to your home for many years. In fact, modern Lithium batteries can last as much as 6000 cycles.
That’s around 16 years if you cycle it once a day.
In QLD 2018 If your using an average of? 25 Kw hours per day and paying 28 cents per kw? including GST.
This year you will pay $2555 to the power company.
if If it rises an average of 7% a year over the next 16 years you will pay a total of $86,300 for power in the next 16 years!
Makes a battery seem pretty cheap?
With with a solar and battery system it locks in your price of power. Today.
Getting solar on your house is always a good idea, but to help you decide on getting the right solution
It’s best to speak to a reputable company like Lumax
We’ll will give you the right advice in a friendly way.